National Women’s Studies Association 2018 annual conference: JUST IMAGINE. IMAGINING JUSTICE: Feminist visions of freedom, dream making and the radical politics of futurism.
November 8 – 11, 2018 in Atlanta, GA.
Subthemes for the 2018 conference include:
- Afro-futurism, feminist futurists and surrealist
writers and artists
- Rethinking gender, sexuality, family, disability
and the bio-politics of what is or is not human?
- The future of the universities, schools, and
knowledge production: maroon spaces,
insurgent practices, and the future of disciplines
and the interdisciplines?
- Post-capitalism: imagining new economic futures
- Revolutions and utopian projects: sustained,
incomplete and derailed
- Political, cultural and artist movements that
“demand the impossible:” “abolition” and
- The earth’s future and the legacies of its
past: environmental justice, climate change,
indigeneity, land rights, wars and occupations.
The annual National Women’s Studies Association conference regularly draws more than 1,900 attendees and is the only annual meeting exclusively dedicated to showcasing the latest feminist scholarship.
For more information, click here.